PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA (hybrid work model)
Sony PlayStation's IT DevOps Team is looking to add two new members! We are searching for highly proficient candidates who have exceptional skills in supporting various B2E corporate IT services. The right candidate will design complex IT systems used by engineering teams globally, complete various projects to improve existing services, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Demonstrate ownership of critical services with high availability requirements by bringing up, operating, and supporting underlying IT systems
- Maintain IT systems by doing upgrades during scheduled maintenance windows (often during off-hours)
- Build load tests to analyze and optimize performance of IT systems
- Help design and execute experiments to create workable solutions for various engineering problems
- Create and maintain documentation of environment, configuration, and workflow
- Troubleshoot various issues (ie can’t login, slow or nonresponsive server) which may involve opening tickets with various vendors
- Manage AWS resources (change instance type, change permissions, manage Route53, etc)
- Scripting to maximize automation of IT processes and environment builds
- Central management of systems using Configuration Management tools such as Ansible or AWS Systems Manager (SSM)
- Complete assigned stories within a sprint
- Respond to support requests (Slack channels, tickets, and email) in a timely manner
- Provide accurate timelines for assigned tasks
- Participate in SAFe/Agile-based project work
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology by attending conferences and trainings
- Participate in 7x24 weekly on-call rotation
- Respond to emergencies as needed
- Travel as needed for projects or support (5-10%)
- 5+ years’ experience in DevOps or related field and 2+ years’ experience working with AWS or other cloud provider
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent preferred (such as work experience or boot camps)
- Experience supporting software engineering applications such as GitHub Enterprise, Docker, Jenkins, Rancher, JIRA, and Confluence
- Scripting experience (Python, bash, etc)
- Linux & Windows systems administration
- Broad understanding of protocols/technologies like TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS/SSL, AD, LDAP, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes/EKS/Rancher, CloudFormation/Terraform
- Understanding of three-tier application architecture (load balancer, application server, and database) including components such as Nginx, HAProxy, Tomcat, Java, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Must possess a strong ability to document standards and procedures
- Must be able to produce drawings of environments using tools such as OmniGraffle or Visio
- Ability to work independently and manage workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Knowledge or curiosity about Japanese language and culture
- Interest in working in the videogame industry
- Technical certifications preferred (AWS, Linux, Windows, networking, security, etc.)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.