PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, People Programs
San Mateo, CA (Open to Remote Candidates in the US)
The Global People Operations team strives help ensure efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to build People-related strategies across the business. We build project management capability across our function and drive execution and delivery. This individual will work as a closely with the cross-functional HR and client group teams to lead a wide variety of operational projects, processes remaps, system redesigns, and strategic programs. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive demeanor, and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking, and problem solving.
With both a strategic lens and passion for detail, you will support a diverse array of projects from origination through final implementation. Roles and responsibilities, key landmarks, timelines, and communications will need to be coordinated and supervised to ensure successful delivery. We’re looking for a leader with a growth approach and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to deliver!
Work you’ll do
As a driver of People Programs, you will:
- Lead programs by staying aligned on program scope, planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, business goals, creating program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to drive workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, achievements, etc.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates at sprint reviews (deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, blocking issues)
- Collaborate cross-functionally on full life cycle process evaluation and continuous improvement activities. Partner with project team(s), technology team, outsourcing partner and SMEs across HR and the business to develop and implement key strategies to improve overall HR execution
- Analyze and assess existing service delivery workflows, investigate trends and perform best practice benchmark gap analysis. Partner with internal team members to bring well thought out recommendations to senior leadership. Efficiently implement approved strategies
- Perform analytics to define level of impact and use outcomes to prioritize projects. Create ongoing dashboards and measures for operational delivery and engagement with strategic partners in HR and the business as required to demonstrate accountability, strategy, and continuous improvement
- Provide appropriate escalation, anticipate and make appropriate delivery trade-offs, balancing business requirements versus technical constraints, with an eye toward maximizing benefit to the business
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning
- 6+ years People Operations/Human Resources experience
- Tried experience driving cross-functional global projects independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thought leadership, partner management, and collaborate effectively across the organization and influence partners at all levels to achieve results
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience standardizing integration processes and documenting for future usage
- Demonstrated experience to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Experience dealing with ambiguity at all times, and understanding and reacting quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available
- Thrives in organizations in the throws of change
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pay strong attention to detail to ensure high quality results
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to take things to the next level
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Word, Teams)
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth Tech company
- Experience with Workday (or alternate HRIS system) & Greenhouse
- Broad understanding of HR processes
- Global experience working internationally, broad understanding of country and business nuances
- Bachelor's degree
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.