PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Development Manager to handle the day-to-day management duties of a Software Engineering team developing content supply chain and data pipeline infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating a highly productive engineering environment both through automation and the removal of barriers to your team’s efficiency while also making sure your team is growing both in size and in their skillsets.
- Overall management and mentorship of a hardworking development team of both senior and junior level engineers.
- Build and develop a high-energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Participate in technical communication within the team and to other groups associated with specified projects to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Experience with agile development practices emphasizing on continuous improvement.
- Solid leadership skills and a passion for building large scale consumer experiences.
- Comfort with proactively and independently driving for results in small team environments.
- Overall 6+ years of software development experience with exposure to leading the team.
- Prior experience in open source technologies, such as Java, Kafka, Spark, Hibernate, Spring, MySQL etc., is a strong plus.
- Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing systems in Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Major in computer science, math, or equivalent technical disciplines.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and motivate teams.
- Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing systems in Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing web applications is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.