PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Austin, TX (hybrid working model)
*Please provide a cover letter about your interest in the position and industry.
Bluepoint Games is seeking an Accounting Manager to lead all aspects of accounting, financial close, and tax management for the studio. A proud member of PlayStation Studios, this person will serve as the key accounting liaison to Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
- Performs and leads full cycle general ledger financial close processes and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP and IFRS and within the established close timeline
- Performs and manages day to day accounting activities, including preparing and posting journal entries, preparing balance sheet and cash flow reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) operations and activities
- Reconciles and reviews General Ledger (G/L) accounts to ensure accuracy and identify/resolve discrepancies
- Maintains fixed asset schedule and calculation and posting of depreciation expense
- Supports cash management and treasury functions
- Assists with any audit processes, including both the readiness, the execution, and the preparation of supporting schedules
- Assists with Federal, State, and local tax reporting requirements, insurance reports, and other reports required by government regulation, including providing all necessary financial materials in preparation for tax returns
- Assists with the consistent application of internal control policies and ensure compliance with established procedures
- May manage an outside accounting firm that provides bookkeeping services
- Other duties may be assigned.
- At least 5 years relevant accounting or audit experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and understand of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls required. CPA highly preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, senior management, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks - advanced, ADP, SAP, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.