PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Head of Commercial Accounts San Mateo
PlayStation is home for diverse content and diverse content creators. We are looking for a leader to manage our business for one of our largest, most diverse, and strategic account set. Our Commercial Account portfolio represents some of the largest game publishers in each SIE region.
Reporting into the Head of Global Account Management, the Head of Commercial Accounts will fully own and be responsible for PlayStation’s relationship, go-to-market strategy, and commercial performance for this account set, and their ultimate success on PlayStation.
The account segment that makes up our Commercial portfolio includes our top accounts in each region; Americas, EMEA, APAC, Japan, and Asia (Mainland China, Korea). Given the importance of our Japanese top publishers in this portfolio, preference will be given to candidates with extensive experience with Japan game developers and publishers, and with deep cultural knowledge on how these publishers operate, while still being able to operate globally to manage other regions as well. China is key to our strategy for future growth, and the head will work closely with the local teams in China to engage with local developers and publishers to evangelize the PlayStation business and encourage developers to release games both locally and globally on the platform.
This role will define, own, and deliver the global commercial and strategic objectives for the account segment, acting as the senior most person representing Sony to this market segment.
The Head will be the most recognizable evangelist for PlayStation within its account set and will frequently represent PlayStation at the most senior levels, pushing for SIE business priorities and platform support.
The Head will develop the operating model, support plans and overall rhythm of the business to support their account set, leading from the front to create an environment and culture of success.
This role will own long term planning and lead commercial business planning for the assigned market and will develop a long-term strategy to support the accounts and build long term businesses.
Partner satisfaction is key, and as the senior liaison for our most engaged Partners, the Head will be responsible for the overall health of our relationships. The Head will nurture trusted and preferred partner relationships and will be the most senior advocate for our business in this market.
Managing a distributed team of Global Account Directors and Global Account Managers across San Mateo, London, and Tokyo, the Head will provide excellent direct management of the team, driving a culture of ownership and engagement, and ensuring they have the support to be successful in fully addressing the market needs. Servient leadership is an important principle for the team, and the successful candidate will approach team management with a support and empowerment approach.
As a key leader in the Global Account Management team, the Head will help set the culture and rhythm of business for the organization. Ensuring that all team members are engaged, and that accurate governance exists to achieve departmental goals.
- Supports and manages a distributed team to ensure account needs are being met and provide leadership and mentorship as needed
- Develops the culture of the team, rhythm of business with partners and ensures all teams have the support needed to be successful
- Represent account set internally, advocating for their needs, and ensure the overall business and market is well understood
- Participate in yearly budgeting and quarterly forecasting for the account set, helping to set expectations internally of the market, release slate, and overall status of the business
- Regularly report to executive management overall performance of market segment and execution of account plans
- Work with executive leadership to understand market dynamics, shifting consumer demands, and help prioritize and plans to meet future market needs
- Develop and enforce normal external and internal cadence of business performance reviews, post-mortems and account improvements, with a priority of sharing takeaways, standard methodologies across accounts and account teams
- Generate, own and implement long term strategic plan for PlayStation’s business within the market and develop the case for any incremental support
- Find opportunities and co-lead investment and co-marketing partnerships with the partner
- Ensure internal teams aligned to deliver and support key content and initiatives
- Develop evaluation methods and conduct performance analysis for key content and initiatives.
- Develop ongoing governance and methodology with other Global Account Directors
- Directly mentor and manage team to drive individual ownership and engagement
- Be a champion of culture, taking care of your team and ensure their needs are met
- Work cross functionally to develop services and other content strategies across your account and content set
- Identify Partner content and opportunities to drive a PlayStation message and point of difference through the partners titles and portfolio
- Act as a constant evangelist for the PlayStation brand and PlayStation pillars, and business priorities, ensuring your account set has deep support of the overall SIE business
- 15+ Years total experience in game publishing, game development or marketing, especially with large AAA partners, in particular with Japan based publishers and developers
- Native Japanese speaker
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing, or commensurate relevant experience
- Global experience, leading teams and relationships across the world
- Extensive relationship management and partner engagement experience
- Commercial expertise to get results and incremental opportunity
- Business Planning and Revenue Management expertise, with the ability to build and complete account plans and business cases
- Framework and Governance expertise, with the ability to develop, run and manage large scale practices across diverse teams
- Significant team management experience, managing teams of 15+ People
- Passion for team development, mentorship, and learning; pushing your team to level up and gain additional skills while maintaining a highly engaged, transparent, and ethical working environment
- Passion for providing a stellar partner experience, and producing high quality work
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.