PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Network Engineer
As a primary member of the Network Engineering team you will be responsible for the development, support and mid to long term considerations of a sophisticated global IP network that adheres to the highest standards to provide robust, low latency game streaming services to PlayStation Now customers around the globe. You will help contribute to an automation first operations team (DevOps) to increase our efficiencies and ability to scale.
- Own the intended state of the global backbone and datacenter infrastructures.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Tech Leads to collaborative build the best design for each project.
- Work with engineers assigned to projects by providing reviews, guidance, and mentoring on technical tasks.
- Develop solutions that drive the success of our innovative networks and platforms.
- Guide and assist deployment engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
- As a subject matter in most or all of the relevant protocols, languages, platforms and technologies, provide technical guidance and support to all engineers in interpreting and reacting to network events.
- Use networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve on sub-optimal network behaviors.
- Leverage and assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively supervise the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- 8+ years of progressive experience supporting large scale telecommunications environments in a service provider (CDN/ISP/NSP/Carrier), datacenter, financial or large enterprise network.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Experience with MPLS RSVP-TE traffic engineering in core backbones.
- Experienced with developing and integrating MPLS L3VPN and L2VPN services in a core network.
- Experience supporting IPv6 services
- In-depth knowledge of QoS.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc).
- Deep understanding of modern router architecture including interworking of control plane and forwarding plane, switch fabric, and egress queuing.
- Capable of mentoring Senior, Mid, and Junior network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Advanced comprehension of and experience with ISIS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services.
- Advanced comprehension of and experience with BGP, including MP-BGP routing policy in a global network environment, including traffic engineering, and failure mode analysis in a global network environment.
- Advanced comprehension of and experience with Juniper MX , QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms.
- Advanced comprehension of and experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Advanced comprehension of and experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience working in load balancer topologies.
- Experience with optical media and optical transport systems.
- Experience using a distributed version control system (git).
- Experience building automation tools for large infrastructures.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.