PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director of Quality Engineering
Aliso Viejo, CA
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, intelligent, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a Director of Quality Engineering, you will set the vision for the department and drive all efforts towards ensuring products are released without major defects. You will lead both Software Engineering in Test and manual QA teams to promote a quality mentality across the entire organization and increase development efficiency via automated testing. You excel at collaborating with and influencing internal and external development teams to ensure releases meet the high-quality standards set by SIE.
- Research test tools, methodologies, and industry trends to upgrade existing processes and practices
- Develop the strategy for efficient automation and performance testing, and work with stakeholders to build the software artifacts that drive testing efforts throughout the SDLC
- Increase product quality and release confidence via integration, load, and chaos testing
- Closely collaborate with other technology and business users to ensure technical and business requirements are met
- Prepare and present quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Attend educational workshops, review professional publications, establish personal networks, and contribute to professional societies
- Participate in recruitment and ensure retention of top talent
- Advocate quality, mentor, and drive professional development for Quality Engineering
- Manage the budget based on testing and business needs, and present an aggregated view to executives
- 10+ years of proven experience in software testing, with at least 5 years in a Quality Engineering or Software Engineering Director role managing managers
- Expert level knowledge of smoke, regression, performance, and chaos testing in Agile and DevOps methodologies, along with deployment strategies
- Previous experience with open source or in-house test automation frameworks, test design strategies, and automating tests for distributed systems, micro-services, and web services
- Experience with containers (preferably Kubernetes) or related technologies, and cloud technologies like AWS
- Proficiency in one or more project management tools, preferably used in Agile development (JIRA, etc.), and Confluence for documentation
- Experience with GitLab or CI/CD tools, Artifactory, and Selenium
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to evaluate and develop solutions
- Experience running multiple cross-cultural/global teams and projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Gamer is a plus!
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.