PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you have a passion for automation and using predictive analytics to make decisions? Do you relish in crafting engineering solutions that are used across a variety of platforms? Do you consider test automation an instrumental part of the development process? We are looking for a senior-level test engineer to join our high-performance Analytics Engineering team to build and support engineering and business analytics across the PlayStation ecosystem. We apply solutions and technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, web, mobile, and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact daily.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of analytics for our business partners. This position is an opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, Japan and Europe.
What You'll Do
- Build, maintain and improve test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for automation, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Report, track and verify defects as well as monitor Automation jobs.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Expand testing and automation across teams to promote ownership of quality
- Assist with production deployment support and post release
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
- Testing – the study and practice a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – an interest in test automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches. To support this, you also have working knowledge of a modern programming language
- Agile software development – understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. Comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your team
- Performance - passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in building and carrying out test case execution.
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in automation.
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools:Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs, SDK / Framework
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to estimate effort and size of features
- Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
- Experience using project and test case management tools.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.