PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Planning Manager, Digital Game Sales
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly. In response, we are using specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimization. The Global Digital Game Sales (DGS) team will be responsible for driving the value proposition of the Store and hitting the overall commercial revenue for the year.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Game Planning, the Associate Planning Manager, Digital Game Sales will help to craft and implement the DGS strategy, focusing on key partnerships. Working with the DGS accounts team they will input into the development of a joint business planning process and commercial plan. Working in partnership with CRO and marketing teams they will develop and implement support plans for key commercial activity. They must be skilled at working collaboratively with cross-functional, global partners, maintaining high-levels of integrity in constantly evolving environments.
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible teammate, have excellent planning skills, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Work directly with DGS accounts team and marketing teams to develop and execute plans which support the DGS strategy for Free to Play accounts.
- Holistically review and assess Store support for GAAS, working with internal partners to improve existing strategies and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Partner closely with internal, cross-functional clients (i.e. CRO, Store Marketing, Network Advertising, Partner Marketing, and Business and Marketing Analytics) to help support the DGS strategy and ensure alignment across channels.
- Assist in the delivery of ongoing DGS commercial priorities roadmap to other internal partners in order to facilitate appropriate support across store, BTL and ATL channels
- Responsible for the delivery of store support plans for key digital products to consumers throughout the lifecycle, with particular focus on flawless product launches
- Work with key publishers to secure additional support for DGS activity via publisher’s owned channels, BTL, ATL activity
- Support production of post mortem documentation to help shape best practice guidelines
- Facilitate the provision of asset suites and metadata direct from the publisher to support delivery of key activity via CRO / Marketing teams
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience of digital retail and / or product roadmap marketing experience.
- Experience working on GAAS would be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or relevant field.
- Data-driven with an analytical, commercially focused attitude and possessing strong planning skills
- Strong commercial mindset and able to evidence supporting the delivery of financial targets through direct, active contribution to joint business planning process with partners
- Creative & energetic team player who embraces change and exhibits desire to continually improve
- Accomplished presenter who can turn data into engaging stories
- Proven experience of leading support roadmaps throughout the product lifecycle
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to build strong, influential relationships within both internal and external teams, with the ability to contribute to the decision making process
- Experience aligning internal and external partners
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Good communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humor, and delivery focused to drive results
- As the role is global, regular international travel may be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours as part of an international team
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.