PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer, Front-End
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for web application development? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? Do you want to be at the center of customer facing web initiatives with millions of daily users? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in creating rich, user-friendly commerce applications for our passionate gamers.
Our established team in Madison, WI is currently looking for a Software Engineer to help lead our team. We apply modern web technologies and methodologies to create a best in class commerce experience. The ideal candidate will come from an object-oriented development background, be passionate about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe and to say “I work for PlayStation”.
- Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to understand feature requirements, determine technical requirements, and develop new features in PlayStation web applications
- Passionate about Quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams
- Write unit tests and component tests for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevent regressions in the product code.
- Work quickly and productively in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment
- Work with other team members by reviewing and giving feedback on pull requests and design plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or at least three years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
- A passion for robust sustainable code
- Experience with React and/or Ember
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.