PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Experimentation Data Scientist (Product Analytics/Strategic Insights)
San Francisco, CA
Execute advanced analytics and statistical modeling projects related to platform engagement, customer segmentation and buying behavior analysis, customer retention analysis, e-commerce store management and performance, etc.
- Model and execute on concurrent Product A/B tests
- Demonstrate leadership through controlled experimentation design, causal inference, and advanced statistical analysis to measure the incremental impact of engagement programs which are key drivers of customer growth and retention
- Partner across Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to evolve our measurement approach. Build a joint vision with partner teams to ensure alignment of experiment strategy, roadmaps and deliver concrete results.
- Work with data engineers to craft and automate data pipelines to scale experimentation and user analytics.
- Utilize linear/logistic regression, as well as decision trees, propensity score matching, and clustering to study customer behavior
- Independently extract and integrate data from multiple data systems (including writing complex SQL queries) to support analytical efforts.
- Develop understanding of a la carte and subscription-based business models.
- Provide detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
- Provide thought-leadership in ongoing financial measurement and analysis of SIE’s services. Identify new insights and opportunities for analytic projects
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and relevant gaming titles
- 4+ years of advanced SQL programming skills required
- 4+ years of experience using statistical packages (R or Python) for model development
- 4+ years’ work experience using data to conduct advanced experiments
- Relevant work and research experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, experiment design, hypothesis testing, sampling methods.
- Business model development and forecasting abilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organizations, preferably within the e-commerce space
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering preferred. BA/BS Degree (Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) is a minimum requirement
- In-depth understanding and experience using supervised and non-supervised learning techniques like linear/logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, association analysis. Proficient in model validation methods such as cross validation, bootstrapping, and out-of-sample testing
- Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Professional user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets. Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the PlayStation Network
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.