PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager - Data Platform Group
San Francisco, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity. We seek a Technical Program Manager that helps us build the next generation of PlayStation data pipelines.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will put your abilities to work building data pipelines that are performant and reliable. You are expected to partner with multiple diverse teams across PlayStation, including Engineering and Product organizations, to represent your team and drive forward our relationships with customers of our platform.
You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and executing our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing medium-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
- Work with Software Developers to schedule development, write functional specifications, and drive decision-making to build amazing online experiences.
- Act as lead in driving technical discussions and solutions to business and/or customer requirements.
- Handle all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups.
- Participate in initial requirements reviews to assess technical complexity and resolve dependencies.
- Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development.
- Develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards as well as expected delivery dates.
Required & Preferred:
- Experience with agile development methodologies and processes required, including experience with scrum master role.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which encompass communicating to executives, product managers, software engineers, project managers, and customers.
- Ability to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Ability to manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle.
- Solid leadership skills and a passion for building world class services.
- Keen eye for detail and handling multiple simultaneous dependencies.
- Strong sense of ownership.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.