PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager, San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who is a highly efficient and motivated individual to work with several multi-functional teams. You will define the roadmap and collaborate with internal partners to capture requirements, build plans and drive towards achieving desired results. You will lead our effort to develop and maintain various dashboards that are shared across our QA teams. You will work with teams and departments outside our QA organization for various projects and programs. You will be a liaison between teams in multiple geographical locations and bridge the effort and fill the gap. Our environment fosters growth, autonomy, and innovation. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive, and additional duties may be assigned.
- Work with the various Feature teams and QA members to collect requirements, craft plans, supervise progress, and assist project members while making technical decisions.
- Act as a bridge between various QA teams and the leadership team and communicate progress with the internal partners.
- Act as the main contact person for various programs and operations to support and improve the efficiency of QA activities.
- Identify areas for QA process improvements, initiate discussions, and work with various teams to implement the solutions.
- Build and detail new processes and improve existing processes.
- Help align our business with the industry's standard QA practices and test automation and research third-party QA tools.
- Work with third-party service providers to support our QA tools. Also, support internal users for upgrading versions and infrastructure, as well as tryouts and implementation of new features and functions.
- BS/BSB/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology Management, or a related field.
- Experience working in a Program/Project Management in Agile Software development and QA environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse partners across businesses and leadership levels
- Requires proficiency in Jira (JQL and Dashboard), Confluence, as well as Google Suite and Microsoft Excel formulas.
- Must excel in conflict resolution and people management across different business backgrounds.
- Proactive – ability to take initiative in identifying and solving large problems
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently under pressure. Ability to prioritize, balance multiple projects, and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
- MS in a related fields
- PMI/PMP or any certifications and trainings related to project management or QA process is a huge plus
- Interest in gaming, digital entertainment, or consumer electronics is a plus
- Full professional proficiency in Japanese is desirable but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.