PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer
This position can be fully remote for anyone in the USA or Canada.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) of Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team. This role requires proficiency in multiple programming languages, familiarity with digital content creation tools, strong software design skills, and a dedication to writing robust and maintainable code. You will be responsible for the development and support of an array of studio tools encompassing our production pipeline, motion-capture and facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content. The position requires collaboration with other engineers, our project management team, and the different artist teams being supported.
On the server side, our production pipeline is a suite of proprietary micro-services that handle asset and workflow management, artist tasking, environment management, render farm and automation coordination, push notifications, and more. On the client side, there are a variety of graphical tools for artists and technical users, some of which function as standalone interfaces while others are integrated into the content creation tools the teams use.
- At least 5 years of experience writing tools, libraries and plug-ins in the Visual Effects or Video Game industry
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent program
- Advanced programming knowledge in C++ and Python
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Maya API, both python and C++
- Knowledge of user interface design with the Qt/PyQt/Pyside toolkit
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in a production environment
- Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Scala
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Knowledge of debugging in Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Motionbuilder Python API
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.