PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Interface Artist – Contract Position
San Diego Studio is looking for a highly skilled UI artist to assist with the creation and design of our front-end user interfaces. The ideal candidate would possess a deep understanding of both visual communication and information hierarchy in order to provide the best product to our customers. This person is also skilled in iconography, typography, and motion graphics with at least 2 years of experience.
- Build screen mocks that ensure all interactions are intuitive and easy for users to play
- Collaborate with designers, programmers, UX Designers and the UI team to maintain a consistent style across the entire game
- Bounce between multiple tasks, projects, and requests while maintaining a consistent quality
- Find creative ways to tackle problems within tech capabilities by using and crafting art, logos, typography and animation
Requirements & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience working with user interfaces, graphic design, and asset creation
- Solid knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong iconography and typography skills
- Some animation experience
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from the UI Art Lead
- Proven experience of fundamental interface design principles, usability, and UI design best practices
- Knowledge of current graphic, video game, and web design trends.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly within strict deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to work with frequent design changes and iterations
- Experience with motion graphics is a plus
- A passion for video games is a plus
- A passion for the MLB is a plus
- Experience working on Mobile apps/ Mobile games is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.