PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Why work when you can play?
As the QA Tester, you will test and verify content placement and functionality for media content applications and experiences on the PS4 and PS5 platforms. This role is to ensure a high quality-of-experience for SIE customers across partner-submitted metadata and content management support. The candidate must be comfortable working in a high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
- Performing Quality Assurance validation tasks to ensure weekly goals and KPIs are met while complying to internal operational processes and guidelines
- Monitoring for partner QoS issues and inaccurate/missing video content data, which negatively affect product perception, and working with internal teams to resolve issues
- Supporting QA for partner onboarding and key promotion pre-check validations, content scheduling issues, and for country expansion efforts
- Perform comprehensive Quality Assurance to ensure daily completion of QA checks of content tiles and strands on both PS4 and PS5 consoles
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Acrobat
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-organized with outstanding accuracy and attention to detail which are critical in catching any errors that would negatively affect the QoE of customers
- Previous QA experience that should include finding, isolating, reporting, and tracking errors of content through resolution
- Experience working in ticketing/CRM systems
- Intermediate to expert experience working in Excel, working with VPN services, and using browser inspector developer tools
- Ability to solve problems and find creative ways to resolve them quickly, providing solutions to prevent them in the future
- Experience with identifying inefficiencies and performing multi-point user testing
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to prioritize workloads with effective time management skills
- Being a team player and committed to the success of the team; willing to provide support when/where needed across multiple teams
- 3+ years of experience in QA in digital entertainment or a related field
- 1-2 years of post-high school education or training required
- Interest in digital media, interactive entertainment preferred
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network, PS4/PS5 consoles, and services offered
- Experience working in a national or global company
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.