PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) PlayStation
San Diego, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play - it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994 when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s (SIE) Global Payment and Fraud Management (GPFM) teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
GPFM runs a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation Network customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now. In doing so, the ability to extract information from data and drive action that help achieve business goals is essential. GPFM’s data science team is responsible for evaluating online user activity data for potential fraud and revenue optimization across this platform. We are looking for an engineer to join our GPFM team to support this data science platform.
The position is a hands-on engineering role with a wide range of responsibilities to evolve and support a machine learning pipeline, with a specific focus on the data preparation/movement part of the pipeline. You should be intimately familiar with running applications at scale on modern cloud architectures (such as AWS), using containerized and serverless workflows. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Create, deploy, and maintain cloud solutions using AWS
- Build core infrastructure around data streaming and enhancement
- Build and enhance our machine learning pipeline to support development, experimentation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, verification/validation, and monitoring of ML models
- Ensure all work is deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Ensure highest levels of service availability
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience with Java and Python
- Competency with most common AWS Services - EKS/ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, and more
- Knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics including using tools such as DataDog, Splunk, New Relic, AWS CloudTrail, etc.
- General knowledge in Linux
- Strong communication abilities to work with cross functional teams
- Experience with orchestration and management of containers using Kubernetes or similar.
- AWS Certification
- Basic Knowledge of Data Science/Machine Learning pipelines
- Experience with Streams/Queues at internet scale – Kinesis/Kafka/ActiveMQ/SQS
- Experience successfully implementing data pipelines
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.