PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance (PlayStation Studios)
Location: San Mateo, CA , San Diego, CA
The PlayStation Studios Finance team is hiring! We're focusing on growth into new business models and are seeking a Senior Analyst who will be responsible for strategic, commercial and finance work supporting delivery of PlayStation Studios Strategy. Our ideal team member has experience in gaming industry. You will help drive user acquisition, retention and monetization as well a providing support to any projects resulting from execution of PlayStation Studios strategy. This roles reports to the Strategic Finance Manager (PlayStation Studios).
Business Strategy: user acquisition, retention and monetization
- Drive strategic analysis for one or more live services project in partnership with PlayStation Studios product leadership, translating business model strategy into financial outcomes
- Drive design and execution of user acquisition, retention and monetization strategies for the games
- Direct data-driven financial modeling of key critical initiatives within live services portfolio to provide insight on impact on players acquisition, engagement, and monetization
- Support Development and Product Management teams to drive long-term monetization decisions, including business model design and new investments in franchise
- Performing sophisticated data analysis and translating them into insights and findings as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external partners
- Be an expert resource on industry business practices in the area of live services, including business models/performance, live services strategy, and product pipelines
- Perform industry research and benchmarking analysis of the gaming industry
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for leadership team
- Lead FP&A activities including weekly pacing, quarterly forecasting, as well as annual budget cycle on one or more titles in the live services portfolio
- Support the Mid Range Planning (MRP) process by owning revenue and profitability models for one or more live services titles, developing executive materials, and collaborating with development teams as needed
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute and report critical metrics of reach, engagement, and monetization to execs
- Provide Finance support in the external contracting process, ensuring value promised is translated into contracts
- Perform ad hoc financial models to support central initiatives and decisions
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS in business, strategy, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- 4+ years of strategic and/or commercial finance (valuations, modeling, market analysis, contracting) and/or business development experience
- Experience in gaming industry is highly preferred
- Self-starter, showing initiative and ability to work independently
- Passion and energy for being par of the Gaming industry
- Ability and willingness to do detailed work and sophisticated financial analysis
- Ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Experience working collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Proven track record to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.