PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Decision Scientist
San Diego, CA
The E-Commerce (D2C) Decision Science team's charter consists of Data Science, Data Engineering, and ML Engineering practices. These teams together are uniquely positioned to be able to provide services across the whole customer experience including the PlayStation Stores and back-end Fraud and Payment systems.
We are looking for a hardworking individual to assist in expediting adoption of data driven solutions provided by this Decision Science teams. This person will need to have deep experience with Decision Science and excellent communication skills to partner with senior business owners across the company. This role will have large impact across the broader organization as key data/data science solutions are deployed redefining existing business practices.
What you'll be doing:
- The candidate will serve as the lead for both immediate team and external partners for Decision Science inquiries.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, build approaches to supervise Decision Science adoption, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand the process.
- Evangelize data knowledge, insights, and value of operating as a data driven organization
- Education support of immediate team as well as external partners on the importance and benefit of using analytics. This should entail proactively sharing results, presenting new solutions as well as demonstrating constant monitoring of current ones.
- Be a SME and Product Owner for various aspects for the Decision Science set of solutions.
What we're looking for:
- Master’s degree in Data Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or other related fields and a minimum of 7 years’ related work experience.
- 5+ years working with statistical modeling techniques (Regression, CHAID, Neural Networks, Cluster Analysis, RFs, XGBs, etc.) required.
- 5+ years working with data such as querying, storing, automating, programming
- Recent, hands-on experience working with multiple areas of Decision Science practices
- Proven understanding of predictive modeling, data manipulation, data value assessment, Big Data and BI tools
- Experience illustrating self-sufficiency on sophisticated projects with ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Effective communication skills – being an influencing and occasionally persuasive person
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.