PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II, PS Media
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Software Engineer II in Media Applications is responsible for the design and implementation of interactive web-based services. Strong technical background and analytical thinking is encouraged, and the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in designing, architecting, and maintaining Java code, as well as providing component and system level designs for Sony’s PlayStation Network platform! They will work with peers, designers, technical architects on the development of large-scale systems that support current and future media experiences on our network. Are you interested in joining the PlayStation team in San Francisco?
- Design, implement, ship, and maintain highly visible consumer-facing media features
- Design and develop real time, efficient and highly scalable APIs for the entire PlayStation Network portfolio
- Produce thorough design and development documentation
- Suggest solutions and designs for complex problems, achieve team consent and buy-in
- Work independently, under tight time constraints, respond to evolving requirements and strategic shifts in direction
- Experience with end-to-end ownership
- Adhere to key principles: Code and design for best performance, scalability, and resiliency
- Write and execute unit, integration, and functional tests
- Work with Media Partner engineering team to deliver high visibility features
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field; 4+ years of coding experience in Java and experience with REST services
- Required 3+ years working in high scalability server backend systems
- Strong relational and NoSQL experience like (Couchbase, Neptune DB etc.)
- Extensive experience building and developing Cloud-based multi-region services in AWS
- Extensive experience developing high scale, distributed applications using Spring Boot, microservices architecture, and leveraging CDN technologies
- Solid foundation in CS with an emphasis in data structures, software design, cloud design, and asynchronous programming constructs
- Ability to do technical deep dives into code and deployments
- Active role in troubleshooting, monitoring, alerting and periodic on-call duty
- Proficient in SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Kafka or other message brokers in high volumes.
- Docker, Kubernetes experience
- Akamai Edge Computing
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.