PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Business Analyst
San Mateo, CA
- Assist Sony owned gaming studios with insights to help guide game development and game performance
- Extract and integrate data from multiple databases/system sources via SQL and reporting tools to support status reporting and analytical efforts related to ecommerce management, services, execution, planning and tracking. Develop and manipulate spreadsheets, databases, and data and web analytical tools
- An understanding of a la carte and subscription based business models.
- Tracking and reporting multiple critical financial indicators to leadership on a monthly basis including revenue, studio and label revenue share payments, development and marketing costs, marketing value analysis, etc.
- Financial modeling and business case development for new growth ventures across services.
- Develop data analysis and status reports as the need arises to meet management requirements
- Provide thought-leadership in ongoing financial measurement and analysis of SIE’s services. Identify new insights and opportunities for analytic projects
- Analyze data from online marketing campaigns: user response, web site conversions, feature usage, attrition rates. Support online customer analyses, such as: Customer Segmentation, Retention Analysis, Lifetime Value Analysis, Marketing return on investment, Brand Research, Site Utilization
- Provide detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and relevant gaming titles and associated metrics
- Proficient SQL programming skills required (must have)
- R Visualization experience (encouraged but not required)
- Business Model development and Forecasting abilities
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organizations, preferably within the ecommerce space.
- A BA/BS Degree is required
- Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, , Cognos, etc.) and web tools including Omniture, DFA, Webtrends, Visual Science, Coremetrics, WebSideStory, etc
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint) as well as Visio in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the PlayStation Network
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.