PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation is growing on web and mobile, and we're looking for a dynamic, experienced manager to lead our QA effort in San Francisco, CA. You will lead a team of hardworking quality engineers and drive end-to-end quality of the PlayStation retail experiences that delight our users.
- Define QA processes and coordinate sophisticated QA activities on multiple projects
- Improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
- Act as a strong advocate for test automation and quality in the product development process for software engineering
- Lead and manage a technical team of Quality Engineers
- Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
- Proven experience building Software QA Automation and CI/CD systems
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
- You should have an extensive background in QA methodologies, and experience in writing test strategy, test plans, and test cases, collecting test results and resolving issues
- Dedication to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with design, developers, product and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to lead testing activities and recommend process improvements for multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with various multi-functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, and a desire to solve difficult problems
- Strong talent development and leadership skills
- 5+ years successful software QA management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.