PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager
San Diego, CA
We have an exciting opportunity for you as a Sr. Program Manager within our global Program Management Office! You will lead and handle the delivery of end-to-end platform solutions. You will partner with team members across Engineering, Product Management and Executive leadership. You will be an owner for programs which span a variety of projects, teams, geographical locations, areas of focus, and achievements. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned. We have opportunities to put you in the best position to succeed! Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about technology and about program management.
- Owning program and project schedules, task assignments, and driving the overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively pursuing dependencies, mitigating risks, and executive reporting.
- Partner with multi-functional Leadership and Executives to define and implement process improvements across Engineering, Security and Operational teams to drive execution, optimize delivery, handle risk, and provide overall transparency.
- Collaboration with 3rd party vendors, staff and management teams of multiple engineering organizations (including domain professionals, design teams, and technology teams) to clearly identify, document, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks
- With us, you will have the autonomy to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for supervising program performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Program or Project Leader establishing and developing global, sophisticated enterprise-scale programs from initial kick-off through launch.
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse work environments)
- Leadership judgment learning agility, deep understanding of program management standards, risk management, affiliation partnership
- Familiar with Portfolio Management methodologies and with developing performance indicators to measure success for programs
- Previous experience working with technical partners like Akamai or AWS and on technical programs related to Traffic Management or Network Capacity Management is a plus
- Proficiency with tools used in Agile development (Jira, Portfolio, Confluence, Google / Microsoft collaboration tools, etc.)
- Proven soft skills when working with partners and team members
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com) or similar large-scale agile implementation
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.