PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Software Engineer in Test Intern
Aliso Viejo, CA
About the role:
Do you have a passion for design, development, and quality? If so, we have an excellent opportunity! We are looking for a motivated and creative Intern to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems. It is an opportunity to utilize your programming and software testing skills. If this is you, please apply!
- Learn how our Test Engineering Team at Future Technology Group seek the challenges of Automated Testing by working alongside our Software Engineers in Test, that will mentor and guide you through your internship experience
- Acquire invaluable experience by working with our dynamic Teams to engage, coordinate, and execute on a Project Plan crafted to progress Automated Testing efforts
- Work with cloud, operations, and core software engineers to develop integration and GUI tests for various software components
- Deliver a Presentation at the end of your internship that outlines your project, and its impact on different partners of the team
- Get a first-hand account as to why PlayStation is not just the best place to play, it is also the best place to work, by participating in Team Building Events and Activities
- Has expected graduation date of 2023
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Working understanding of any popular programming language (Python, Golang, Java)
- Good work ethic coupled with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for quality, ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.