PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.
AI Intern (Text-to-Speech)
San Mateo, CA
About the role:
Core-AI Technologies group at Sony PlayStation Research is seeking highly qualified people for research and development in speech and audio processing and related tasks, such as Text-to-Speech and Emotion Understanding. The focus of this internship is to collaboratively work with the team to develop/apply machine learning and deep learning algorithms to build naturalistic Text-to-Speech Synthesis systems. We would encourage to file patents and publish research.
- Pursuing a Doctoral/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in Audio processing or generation technologies
- Background in Text-to-Speech technologies is a plus
- Familiarity and understanding of state-of-the art machine learning/deep learning algorithms
- Experience developing and applying machine learning/deep learning algorithms for audio or speech related tasks
- Proficiency in deep learning platforms, such as PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with Linux platforms and GitHub
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity and interest in gaming applications
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.