PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Data Engineer Intern
San Mateo, CA
The Data Engineering Intern will work within the Data Management team and be responsible for the design, development and successful deployment of the data processing assets. You will work alongside Sr. Data Engineers to understand the architecture and process flow. You are able to work with limited supervision and under your own initiative. You are eager to learn new tools and techniques with the main focus on Java, Python, and PySpark.
- Our intern will be expected to design, develop, and maintain our data processing platform
- They will have the opportunity to engineer data pipelines and provide automated solutions for DSO teams
- They will work proactively to address project requirements, and articulate issues and challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risk
- They will ensure code is fully scalable, maintainable, and performant
- They will verifiy program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and debugging of programs
- They will participate in system monitoring and alerting, dashboards, charts/reports, and alerts delivery
- They will participate in the agile development process
- Lastly, they will help develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides
- Skilled in SQL and a variety of database technologies - Oracle, Snowflake etc.
- Strong understanding of big data technologies and AWS services (S3,EKS,EBS,EFS,EC2)
- Good technical analysis & troubleshooting skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.