PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Fraud platform team is a new team at SIE which interacts with all different teams to identify transactional risk. Using state of the art technology, leveraging AWS native service, we create high transaction, low latency systems that live at the heart of every module in commerce platform engineering.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE’s fraud platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce services platform.
This next generation fraud platform will support the global, fast growing SIE customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, web store backends, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
As a Software Development Engineer in the team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, operations team members across PlayStation and build solid fraud platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment, using lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Develop java based micro services leveraging Spring boot and korra framework
- Develop AWS based systems using managed services such as:
- AWS Lambda (Python and Java)
- AWS SNS
- AWS SQS
- AWS REDIS
- AWS DynamoDB
- Work with the scrum team directly to provide code reviews for other team members
- Work with the scrum team directly to provide development in specific projects such as:
- Login Fraud Detection
- Purchase Fraud Detection
- Payment Instrument Fraud Detection
- Account Management Fraud Detection
- Work with other scrum teams to share knowledge
- Support Fraud systems in production
- Work directly and indirectly with the core commerce teams
- Work directly and indirectly with the Accounts & Identity teams
- Work directly and indirectly with the Global Fraud Management team
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object oriented programming analysis and design.
- 2+ years’ experience developing with AWS native services such as EC2, S3, Kinesis, Glue, Lambda and DynamoDB.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies.
- Proficient in software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch of project.
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with micro service architecture.
- Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.