PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Executive Operations Manager, Office of SVP Global Marketing (PlayStation) - San Mateo
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Strategy & Business Planning, this role is part of the executive planning office for the SVP, Global Marketing at PlayStation.
This role is crucial to the success of the Global Marketing (GM) division and will support the SVP, GM executives as well as various cross-functional SIE departments with critical business planning and communication cadence for our vibrant global organization.
The successful candidate is highly driven and has a passion for organization, business planning and project management. As part of this role, they will develop a comprehensive knowledge of the marketing functions, structures, and processes to ensure optimized communication and engagement from the SVP office to Global Marketing execs to the wider distributed team.
- Establish strong communication networks within the business by supporting and managing GM communication cadence and key forums including executive staff meetings, planning sessions and more.
- Support monthly GM executive meetings to track decisions, drive action items and cascade information to teams directly.
- Development & maintenance of GM fiscal key activity calendar.
- Support implementation of Monthly Portfolio Syncs to ensure global teams have visibility into key priorities and GTM plans for global campaigns.
- Support planning, content creation, and production of Quarterly Town Halls.
- Support global bi-annual Marketing Leadership Summits.
- Support Director with annual planning process.
- Support content creation for executive presentations and decision-making forums as needed (GDM, GMM, bi-annual MLS, Town Halls, and other key executive forums).
- Support ad-hoc central initiatives as needed.
- Support Future of Work implementation to enable smooth business operations in a new hybrid environment.
- Lead end to end project management of Quarter Global Marketing Syncs (virtual and on-site).
- Coordination and programming of the week in partnership with SVP, GM execs, HR, and employee engagement teams.
- Foster and facilitate Global Marketing division cohesion and support a strong and supportive distributed team culture.
- Curate and publish monthly GM staff newsletter.
- Develop & maintain GM content on various internal communication platforms (Center Stage, Knowledge Base, etc.).
- Develop & maintain GM new hire orientation materials.
- Support employee engagement initiatives as needed.
- BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in business management, executive planning and/or project management in a global function
- Experience in digital media, technology, or entertainment/gaming industries preferred
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment, comfortable working under time constraints and pressure.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to think strategically and execute efficiently; collect information, problem solve and suggest appropriate recommendations that will benefit the business.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and projects in a global business environment.
- Relationship-driven, self-starter who is pro-active, resourceful, willing to be a great teammate and pitch-in when required, ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Tech savvy, proactively learn and master new project management tools and technology.
- Absolute discretion and ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.