PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Product Management, PlayStation Partners Intern
Los Angeles, CA
This position reports to a Manager on the Product Management team for PlayStation Partners, the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) partner platform. You’ll get hands-on experience building and helping improve amazing tools that empower internal and external parties to create and publish PlayStation software. PlayStation Partners supports developers and publishers throughout the entire game development lifecycle and includes a comprehensive support ticketing platform, company and user management, content QA and store submission tools, and many other essential functions.
- Support the needs of game development partners and internal business customers
- Support research, product design, development, and the release process for your product area
- Develop features and epics within a set of measurable objectives that can be prioritized with stakeholders
- Develop both internal and external product education strategies to increase product adoption
- Utilize analytics and data to identify opportunities for and measure success of product initiatives
- Working towards a bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A passion for solving product problems
- Understanding of the agile software development process
- Analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to support and coordinate between different organizations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you will be interacting with a variety of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, etc.)
- Willingness to take on difficult challenges to solve novel problems
- Knowledge of the video game and interactive entertainment business is helpful, but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.