PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA or San Diego, CA
About this Position:
The SIE Enterprise Applications Team is looking for a Senior IT Systems Analyst that is passionate about improving the experience of our internal user community! Partnering with other analysts and application owners on the enhancement, promotion, and implementation of collaboration applications that boost efficiency and help teams work together more effectively. Creating a proactive approach to bringing the right tools into the enterprise.
You will take ownership of applications and functions that support the enterprise to streamline processes and improve collaboration. Work with business users to understand requirements and encourage use of currently supported applications or find solutions that meet their needs. This includes building, configuring, and integrating applications based on tools such as ServiceNow, Confluence, JIRA, Office 365, Okta, Tableau, Google Apps for Work, Slack, Miro, Box, and others.
The position will have ownership of requirements capturing, systems and application analysis, and functional design. Ensuring testing, training, implementation, and production support while working as part of an Agile Scrum team. Supporting user expectations, scope/risk management and coordination with global and regional teams; as well as working with other groups to evaluate new and existing collaboration tools.
This role is primarily remote, but candidate must be located near our San Diego or San Mateo offices as you will be required to be in the office for “moments that matter.” As the role is global a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations is required.
- Act as Product Owner to build an SIE globally available catalog of Enterprise IT supported applications/products, provide comparative analysis of features each provides and other critical information. Create process for offering analysis as a service for internal IT related projects.
- Drive and manage the creation of governance-related materials (policies, procedures, standards, roles & responsibilities) for collaboration tools.
- Improve the way the applications team internally promotes and evangelizes these tools to maximize user adoption. Establish a process for keeping supported application information relevant and current with a regular review process
- Work with other product owners and user community on usage and gap analysis to proactively improve offerings or find new apps in the marketplace that meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Understand training necessities of the enterprise and create a solution or path to training materials for each application. Work with application vendors and product owners on obtaining training opportunities, materials, videos, etc.
- Stay ahead of new product offerings to support and recommend improvements for product roadmap.
- Conduct requirements analysis and prepare proposals for modification or replacement systems while serving as an interface between our internal business users and the IT Team. Customer/User expectation management.
- Work with development teams to determine LOE based on requirements and identify options for potential solutions while assessing them for suitability and alignment with all Security policies
- Lead scrum team to develop features and add stories to the relevant Sprint, work on roll out plan for releases and identify what needs to be communicated to users.
- Maintain a deep and broad understanding of Information Technology standard methodologies and processes while remaining flexible to changing responsibilities.
- Partner with Product Management, Product Owners & Leadership on project roadmap based on current workload and number of resources to support enhancements, upgrades, and new features.
- Offer mentoring and guidance to others as needed.
5+ years relevant working experience as an IT System/Business Analysis supporting the following:
- Demonstrable understanding of SaaS and PaaS applications required. Experience working directly with Vendors and/or external parties to determine the best solutions and to know the latest new features and applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Demonstrable experience working in an organized, methodical, and detailed manner required.
- Prior experience analyzing and evaluating requirements and making solution recommendations. Developing score sheets to be used in evaluating IT applications.
- Talent for remaining current on new and emerging technologies while possessing a solid aptitude towards innovative systems
- Ability to champion positive and constructive relationships with internal business partners as well as software vendors, developers, management, and IT personnel in onshore/offshore teams.
- Experience with integration methodologies a plus
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies. Agile/Scrum/SAFe is desired.
- Bachelor’s (Business, Information Technology or CS) or relevant experience
- PMP certification or Agile/Scrum is plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.