PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager, Mobile Games
Location: San Mateo, CA preferred but would consider remote
PlayStation Studios new mobile team is looking for a Product Manager to work on a new slate of mobile games. Our ideal candidate has in-depth experience working with large-scale mobile games to deliver exciting features that are scalable, fun, and player-friendly. This role will collaborate with our game development studios, technology, and business teams to craft strategies, build partnerships, and support development teams in translating their vision to mobile.
As part of a new team, you will have the opportunity to wear various hats:
- Develop product roadmaps for multiple mobile titles
- Define systems and frameworks for live ops, game design and in-game events
- Collaborate with internal and external studios on game design, user experience, and features
- Perform deep dive analyses on mobile games KPIs and the competitive landscape
- Build financial and engagement models for various game categories and budgets
- Recognize and understand mobile gaming industry trends and identify relevant opportunities
- 5+ years' experience in mobile game development, product management or finance
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams, including game design and technology
- You’re phenomenal at shaping and modeling data and are also experienced at managing game KPIs, forecasts and budgeting
- Can convert quantitative analysis into well-structured hypotheses or assumptions
- You love and play mobile games and understand what makes them fun and what players will engage with
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience within games, entertainment or technology company
- PlayStation fan
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.