PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Cloud DevOps Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Diego, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
About the role:
- Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices
- Work with your team to invent, design, and build systems that are stable and performant
- Consider the legacy of the systems you produce, how they will scale, and limit the use of short-term workarounds. Make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies
- Identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems
- Work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers
- Take on projects and make enhancements that improve team systems and processes
- Resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving systems better and easier to maintain than when you found them
- Read, write, and debug code in order to understand, implement, and operate a complete system. This code is held to the same standards as all the other code written at SIE (e.g., version controlled, code reviewed, etc.)
- Collaborate with Studio IT and PlayStation Studios on how systems are constructed, how they operate, scale, and how secure they are
- Provide insight to engineers that operate in different domains (e.g., software, hardware, security, and networking) in how their part interacts with others to form a system
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
- Expertise with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, or Redis
- In-depth knowledge in RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with Container technology such as Kubernetes, or Docker
- Knowledge in the development of high-performance and fault-tolerant systems
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Passion and experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
- Development experience with languages such as Scala, Java, Ruby, C++, or GoLang
- Experience in automation, testing or monitoring framework development
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with engineering best practices such as CI/CD
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience or knowledgeable with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience or knowledgeable with monitoring tools such as Sensu, Zabbix, or Prometheus
- Experience or knowledgeable with Cloud infrastructures such as OpenStack, AWS, Google, or Azure
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.