PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager of Product Data Science
San Mateo, CA
As a Senior Manager on the Product Data Science (PDS) team, you will serve a meaningful role as a leader in the communication arm of our team, helping teams throughout the company use data to build better experiences. You will work closely with a diverse team of data scientists on key product initiatives in order to improve customer experience, increase customer engagement, and determine next-best-action across critical journeys on the global PlayStation platform.
- Manage a small team of model validators and data journalists who are responsible for building trust in PDS output and identifying and explaining complex insights
- Coordinate with the model development half of the team and team director to prioritize work to best serve the emergent needs of both the team and the company
- Monitor competitive activity and uncover key user behaviors to help identify high-value data related problems and areas of opportunity in order to help drive the strategic direction of the larger PDS team
- Develop and nurture relationships with various internal partners and use them to establish and sustain strong cross-functional partnerships throughout the company
- Determine the feasibility and importance of proposed projects and prioritize work to optimize impact and support innovation
- Build and implement processes and develop and execute business plans and roadmaps to support our partners and help them use data science output and insights
- Track progress of PDS projects and the reach, impact, and perception of the team
- Clearly communicate output and insights to technical and non-technical partners
- Challenge assumptions and be a vocal advocate for meaningful, responsible, ethical data use in order to generate trust in the team and drive data usage forward throughout the company
- Extensive experience managing complex projects involving multiple partners
- Experience working on data-driven, cutting edge, innovative projects or initiatives
- Significant knowledge of business strategy and proven ability to get consensus from internal partners, including those in senior leadership
- Experience leading and collaborating with others in diverse, cross-functional teams
- Ability to operate effectively under ambiguous, rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability and desire to surface, flag, and problem-solve potential issues before they arise
- Passionate about accelerating the abilities of others and growing their potential
- Excited to help the company use data science assets to drive personalized user experiences and make data-informed strategic decisions
- Exposure to statistics, machine learning, and data science concepts is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.