PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Technical Project Manager, Cloud Engineering
Aliso Viejo, CA
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! And we invite you to use your skills, time, and passion on projects that are building the future. We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, intelligent, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a Technical Project Manager at PlayStation, you will lead projects developing new software, and hardware technology for Cloud Gaming.
- You will influence teams that craft, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve critical software systems.
- You will work with key partners on gathering requirements, identifying risks, lead schedules, and communicate the status across.
- You will also work with both, internal and external development teams to define project milestones, schedules, deliverables, and the progress of various projects.
Manage short and long-term cross-team execution planning and team roadmap.
Develop and own communication plans for communicating program status, big picture, challenges, and risks to partners effectively andproactively.
- Provide software development and project management, multi- functional coordination, and communications to deliver program outcomes.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering efficiency, as well as meeting project goals and objectives.
- Lead several technical programs for Cloud Engineering, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams, ensuring success metrics are advising future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
- Problem solving within fast-paced and constantly evolving environments, with the ability to bring order to ambiguous scenarios.
- Experience developing and launching products that require collaboration between internal cross-functional tech teams and external partner teams.
- Develop and own communication plans for communicating program status, big picture, challenges, and risks to partners effectively and proactively.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience, in cloud computing new technologies or related technical field.
- Strong working experience with Project Management tools (i.e., Atlassian suite), Agile and Scrum methodologies in leading technical projects.
- Ability to prioritize well and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals incorporating external partners
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Gaming and start-up experience.
- Experience working with video streaming and distributed services is a plus.
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM certifications.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.