PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a member of our engineering team, you will be working alongside top-tier staff on building upcoming features for the PlayStation Account & Customer Management tool. You’ll be challenged with improving the customer service applications that our agents use throughout the world. PlayStation has users in 60+ countries. We work with partners and platform engineering groups around the globe. This requires strong collaboration with our San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, London, and Tokyo sister offices to bring value to the PlayStation Network. Our applications incorporate the latest technologies, from the user interface to the backend. The right candidate will be able to navigate through the entire stack with ease. You’ll get hands-on experience in solving sophisticated software design challenges, plus tackling dev Ops tasks using Amazon Web Services.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or comparable experience
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable on video calls, willingness to interacting with your team and international colleagues
- Excellent programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework including Spring Boot
- Experience building high performance and scalable web services
- Ability to build user interfaces and components that are modular, testable, and maintainable
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or Redis
- Experience with MySQL or other relational database systems
- Experience and comfort building cloud-native applications
- Bonus - AWS and AWS Infrastructure, Platform and Services
- Bonus - Node.js application development
- Enjoy working in an agile, and fast-paced environment
- A strong sense of ownership for the end product and your work
- Passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.