PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Technical Project Manager (Core)
Aliso Viejo, CA
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, intelligent, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will work with our development teams to deliver and deploy consumer-facing software on a variety of devices. You will be responsible for working with both internal and external development teams to define breakthroughs, schedules, and deliverables, and then track the progress of the various projects.
- Lead and track the tasks and deliverables of individual teams.
- Work with internal and external team members to drive projects, coordinating project activities and open issues.
- May be responsible for individual sub-components of larger projects.
- Assist with the coordination of projects, gathering requirements, identifying project vision, and developing project schedules.
- Work with engineers, creatives, and management to maintain project schedules and to monitor, influence, and direct progress.
- Report project progress, status, and risks to project partners.
- Work with Project Managers to manage project risk, develop mitigation plans, and raise decisions & unresolved issues.
- Ensure work is thoroughly tested, meets all compliance requirements, and is smoothly implemented.
- At least 5-6 years of experience in Project Management and the full SDLC.
- Experience working on and shipping commercial software development projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience with modern software development methodologies, especially SCRUM/Agile.
- Excellent communication, expectation management, negotiation, and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Expert in JIRA
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- SCRUM Master certified, with experience operating and managing SCRUM teams.
- Commercial Software and/or Consumer Electronics experience is a plus.
- Gaming and start-up experience is a plus.
- Programming or engineering education or background a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.