PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for an Engine Programmer to join our Core team and focus on our content-creation tools, from integration with Maya, MotionBuilder, and Houdini, to building internal equivalents. If you have interest in working with exporters, importers, object formats, custom plugins, and art pipelines, you're a great fit for this role.
Insomniac's Core team is responsible for our industry-leading technical foundation for triple-A game development. We develop tools and technology to build and power titles like Marvel's Spider-Man, Stormland, and Ratchet & Clank. As a principle, we strive to be open and generous in sharing our advancements with the game development community through conference presentations, public posting, and self-run conferences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrate excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Develop new pipeline technology for the production of current and future games
- Implement efficient exporters and tools to support production teams
- Maintain and support our existing pipeline technology while in use by production teams
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Work with your lead to identify technical risks and generate solutions
- Work with senior teammates to complete assigned projects
- Work with senior teammates to develop further skills and expertise
- Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Analyze code for performance and optimization opportunities
- Document functionality and implementation details for production and other engineers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or more than 5 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of game production tools and pipelines
- Thorough knowledge of C++, and experience with C and assembly programming
- Strong grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming
If this is an opportunity that you would like to pursue, please use the link above and apply. Along with your resume, please include a cover letter or other brief description of why you’re interested in the position. Thank you!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.