PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Loyalty Analytics and Business Operations
Location: San Mateo, CA preferred, but will consider remote
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a seasoned professional to lead the advanced analytics and campaign operations teams for loyalty and engagement programs. This team will be a cornerstone for how PlayStation deepens and sustains players' relationships with our platforms and brand.
The perfect candidate will lead a high-performing team that has a deep understanding of data analytics, player behaviors, and campaign performance measurement. You have a deep affinity for working with quantitative data, while appreciating the art form that comes with applying it to player engagement.
This is a role that collaborate with leaders and partners throughout the organization to deliver ambitious business results in an operationally efficient manner. We are seeking a leader with exceptional managerial skills who can build, motivate and cultivate teams, has a deep analytical background, and clearly demonstrates the ability to deliver large critical initiatives.
- Lead a team of analysts as they develop, measure, and iterate on campaigns to deepen players’ enjoyment of our platforms
- Forecast and manage program performance from both an engagement and financial perspective
- Manage the operations teams as they setup, test, and publish campaigns
- Work with various business units to align program elements and campaigns with their business objectives
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver new features and capabilities
- Communicate program performance to senior leadership
Skills and Capabilities
- Exceptional ability to interpret data and evaluate statistical and analytical approaches
- Strong leadership and managerial skills with experience building and leading medium to large teams within a global business
- Proven experience driving sustainable growth in the context of global consumer brands
- Ability to thoughtfully evaluate risks when seeking/committing investments
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision-making
- Good understanding of standard methodologies in user experience across web and mobile platforms
- Flexible, professionally-mature, proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- High levels of personal motivation to further your skills, experience, and business knowledge
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience with applied statistics or experimentation at scale in an industry setting, plus 5+ years managing team(s)
- Demonstrated experience optimizing for longer-term outcomes
- Strong appreciation for the passionate and varied PlayStation audience
- Strong understanding of financial concepts e.g., NPV
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Experience working in a global environment
- Experience from technology, entertainment, or games industry
- PlayStation fan a huge plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.