PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Release Engineering
Aliso Viejo, CA
Future Technology Group
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We’re looking for engineers who want to make a difference, love automating everything they can get their hands-on, and enjoy working with creative, intelligent and collaborative teammates.
If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
- Supports Infrastructure and Platform Engineering cross-functional teams at Future Technology Group in an Engineering Manager capacity.
- Responsible for supporting the career and developmental growth of Release Engineers.
- Responsible for Release Engineering project quality and timeliness.
- Develops roadmap with Director.
- Helps define strategic direction for Release Engineering.
- Provide positive and negative feedback to all team members.
- Work with Senior and Staff Release Engineers on technical strategy of the Release Engineering department.
- Collaborates with other engineering teams to provide alignment between teams.
- Empowers and encourages team members to perform their best.
- Equips team members with tools to be successful.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a leadership role.
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD).
- Intermediate familiarity with build systems and release management.
- Intermediate experience in project management.
- Intermediate familiarity with the entire software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with public cloud environments (AWS) and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate.
- Accountability and ability to influence is a must.
- Sense of professionalism.
- Advanced emotional intelligence.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.