PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Operations Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Product Operations manager is responsible for driving operational excellence within the PlayStation Platform Planning and Management team and between Product and our internal business stakeholders. Your role is essential in unlocking the product teams’ full potential by supporting Product Managers to make high-quality, data-driven decisions and scaling effectively.
You will be responsible for leading Operations planning and projects & facilitation of several meetings that coordinate the efforts of various partners and delivery teams and ensure milestones are achieved and key deliverables are available on schedule. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, focused, highly motivated, and hardworking program manager who can help drive the future of PlayStation.
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Work with the team to develop documentation, including scopes of work, project plans, project definition & status reports
- Lead Operational/Process improvement initiatives to optimize workflows & Business interactions.
- Lead schedules, meeting facilitation, key deliverables, team expectations, and timing for assigned projects
- Collaborate with multiple other teams and Product Management staff in leading projects
- Provide risk mitigation related to scope and quality by communicating a clear description of problems and potential solutions to senior staff
- Lead internal project meetings
- Supervise internal review, approval, presentations preparation, and presentation/delivery
- Ensure accurate trafficking of deliverables where appropriate
- Ensure needed approvals and sign-offs obtained on all deliverables
- 4+ years of direct experience or related role in one or more of the following: Product Operations, Project/Program Management, or Product Management
- Degree from a four-year college in fields relating to business management, product development, engineering, communication, media, or product design, or equivalent.
- Outstanding project management skills
- Self-motivated & results-oriented
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills
- Solid understanding/experience with PM tools like Jira, MS Project, Trello & PM methodologies
- Ability to move projects forward with some ambiguity
- Able to find creative solutions to complex problems and multi-task
- Experience in Process Design/Planning; with an ability to observe the business & then recommend/plan/execute new efficiencies and continuous improvements
- Experience and/or interest in gaming & the video game industry is strongly desired. Experience in digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus.
- Experience leading multi-stream projects and relationships between internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, writing, and verbal skills
- Strong negotiation skills w/ a daring approach
- Strong sense of ownership of process and results
- Creativity and ability to adapt to change and a desire to continually improve
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and project team members to further the business objectives of products and services
- Training and understanding of Agile software development process
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.