PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Manager - Retention, Game Services
San Mateo, CA
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the quarterly trading plans, crafting the full year sales strategy and ensuring seamless execution of the PlayStation Plus retention plans as part of the Global Services team.
You will be required to drive growth and profit from the PlayStation Plus subscriber base through maximizing retention of existing subscribers, while partnering with the customer team on engagement plans. You will introduce new plans and strategies to stop customers leaving the service while ensuring existing plans are fully optimized – working closely with the wider Commercial Growth team to sync strategies and execute seamlessly.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sharing updates of plans, strategies and performance of activity in the weekly trading meeting. It will be key to work alongside wider partners to understand performance vs targets and work on plans to help close gaps/drive faster growth.
You will be required to work at a global level – understanding global vs local behaviors and adapting plans appropriately. This will involve working across all partner teams with colleagues in Europe, American and Asia to agree, communicate and deploy business plans. You will also be the subject matter expert on the Americas – keeping the wider group advised of trends, cultures, key purchasing windows etc.
What you'll be doing:
- Formulate and deliver Retention business plans to improve subscriber count through retaining existing customers
- Share weekly global trading updates on activity and with supporting materials
- Point person within Services and beyond for Subscription expertise in the Americas
- Collaborating with and leading partners across marketing, CRM, conversion rate optimization and ops
- Look for ways to change and improve the business operations and processes
- Analyzing performance and improving future proposals and plans
- Identifying subscription/revenue risk and opportunities and creating mitigation/go faster plans where appropriate
- Driving approval of promotional plans to deliver trading performance
- Communication of quarterly plans to secure consensus and feedback
- Advise, involve and share with both global functions and regional functions
- Collaborate with the commercial trading team to build and agree forecasts
What we're looking for:
- Bacherlors Degree
- Service / Subscription background with proven trading experience (+3 yrs)
- Ability to propose, craft and lead processes and business operations
- Proven planning, execution and leadership of business plans
- Product proposition and operational skills
- Proven innovation mentality
- Solution focused and problem solving attitude
- Creative instinct and ability to think laterally about business planning
- Creative problem solver passionate about best solutions for the business, partners and consumers
- Knowledge of the game industry and preferably broad knowledge of wider entertainment industry
- Strong project and commercial leadership skills
- Commercial awareness of the games market and consumer entertainment markets
- Strong understanding of business economics
- Experience of strategy creation and prioritization of multiple disciplined factors
- Ability to decide what shape of service best meets the market, organization and objectives
- Understanding of business financials
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.