PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Content Acquisition Manager
San Mateo, CA
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Content Acquisition Manager to join the global PlayStation services team that leads PlayStation Plus – the world’s largest game subscription service with over 47M subscribers – and the rapidly growing PlayStation Now service.
What you'll be doing:
- The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in identifying, negotiating and securing the games that power PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now to drive player engagement and maintain subscriber momentum.
- Close collaboration with internal teams – including third party relations, PlayStation Studios, analytics, marketing, content ops – and external publishing partners is key to delivering the best outcomes for players, partners and our business
- Responsible for executing a multi-million content budget to secure the best games and improve ROI
- Become a subject matter professional, implicitly understanding the PlayStation business (Services, Store, Retail) as well as our partners businesses, motivations and priorities
- Collaborate with the planning and analytics teams to help develop the annual content plans and identify specific target titles and content opportunities
- Build and present compelling narratives to publishing partners – including service updates, life cycle management opportunities, title performance & projections and financial forecasts
- Negotiate deals to secure games for our services
- Responsible for owning the content budget within agreed parameters as well as improving the value of each individual deal
- Work with operational teams to contract titles and ensure their successful set-up operationally
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in content planning and acquisition, business development and/or account management within digital entertainment or subscription services roles
- A phenomenal teammate who can identify and cultivate key relationships both internally and externally
- High data literacy to work with the analytics teams, translating data into insights to develop and present compelling narratives
- Excellent communication skills are essential for influencing cross-functional stakeholders across all levels of PlayStation and external publishing partners
- Ability to lead individuals in crafting and executing the best solutions for players, partners and the business
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, with a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Advanced degree
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.