PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Producer who will be relied upon to collaborate with senior producers, creative leads, and studio directors to develop, maintain and execute on project planning for your teams. You are the strategic thinker for your team, get out front and lead. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of project management, communication skills and a passion for making games. Help us create our next AAA title that will set the PS5 apart from the rest!
- Manage the day to day operation of several cross discipline teams and their areas of ownership.
- Organize the efforts of one or more Associate Producers and Coordinators.
- Guide teams through all phases of development, from design through final approval.
- Ensure all documentation, milestones and deliverables are tracked, scheduled, budgeted.
- Effectively communicate objectives, expectations for success and the context that makes the objectives important.
- Execute and deliver, manage development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget.
- Be your team’s communication link between studio leaders, internal teams, key stake holders and external resources.
- Create simple processes, use them to drive the development in your areas of ownership.
- Work with Senior Producer and Directors to allocate and troubleshoot resourcing.
- Be vigilant about maintaining a common understanding and agreement of project scope and objectives amongst the studio leadership.
- Foster and enhance positive/collaborative working relationships with internal development team.
- Work with team managers to understand and support team members’ growth objectives. Escalate any personnel issues to senior producers and team managers.
- Participate in the yearly performance review process.
- Follow necessary processes and procedures for product development to ensure company-wide policies are adhered to.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in game production.
- Multiple shipped titles in leadership/production development positions
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Discipline specific experience working as an Engineer, Designer or Artist in the games or film industry.
- Extreme knowledge in project scheduling and tasking with the ability to monitor the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Experience, MS Project, MS Office (Excel), Smart Sheet, Shotgun, Bug tracking databases (JIRA, DevTrack, TestTrack).
- Familiarity with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices.
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.