PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
As a Senior Program Manager at PlayStation, you will be responsible for leading initiatives from inception through deployment on a worldwide scale. The candidate will join the team responsible for program management efforts to lead, handle, and drive forward software projects for PlayStation Network game-related services and applications. The candidate is encouraged to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, handle, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple large-scale programs while partnering with design, product, engineering, business and operational teams
- Track progress, identify and resolve dependencies, mitigate risks and communicate status to upper management and partners
- Establish/improve a standard methodology and metrics for the organization with best practices and continuous improvement.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Get results proactively.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution
- Decompose complex processes into simple, straightforward solutions
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- 7+ years’ experience in program management or technical leadership driving software development
- Strong communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Solid understanding of agile principles and release processes
- Proven technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- High proficiency with collaborating, process management and reporting tools
- Experience in multiple large cross-regional, cross-team initiatives
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work with teams with diversity
- Growth mentality, ability to be innovative and adapt quickly
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.