PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Who are you?
- You strive to automate tedious work rather than pushing buttons daily to keep things running
- Talent matters but so does curiosity, inventiveness, and being tenacious.
- You have expertise in data engineering but don't mind crossing the streams with other colleagues on the team.
- You have strong and well-formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate.
- You create code that is understandable, simple, and clean, and want to frame it and hang it next to your desk with pride.
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin.
- Your work makes your team members more accurate, faster and frees up their time and helps them explore greater challenging analysis.
- You are quick to admit a mistake
What do you know?
- Experience with HP Vertica is a plus but experience with other MPP DBs will suffice
- Knowledge of data warehouse techniques that will make our systems awesome
- Well versed in database administration
- Knowledge of NoSql DBs, Spark, Athena, Hadoop and other large data tech is a plus
Know how to work with analytics people and contexts
- Team-based software development tools and best practices
What will you do?
- Deveop and administer our database and data storage environments
- Build software and social glue between engineers, data scientists, product managers, and other analytics teams
- Make our data more valuable to our stakeholders and customers
- Keep our data stores up and running
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
One more thing...
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science. MS degree would be good.
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Willing to move a few miles from a so cal beach
- You are well respected and able to provide expertise to your team and others
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.