PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our team strives to iteratively learn, improve and automate our business and technical processes every day, which continually raises the bar for engineering and operational perfection within our organization. As a Software Engineer II, you will develop, test, and deploy highly available and scalable distributed systems and services within our Payments team.
You will continuously improve software, tools, processes and push the limits of technology. Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product management, quality assurance, and operations. You will work closely with business operations and product management teams to groom requirements and develop them into capabilities that will address gaps in our business processes. You will play a meaningful role in driving the continuous, end-to-end delivery of our software, from inception, to development, all the way through to production.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise grade tools and automation software using Java, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML
- 2+ years of experience developing and/or integrating with AWS native services such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, etc.
- Experience building backend Java Services and Frameworks using Java/JEE. Should know Java-8.
- Experience and familiarity with highly scalable services.
- Experience with advanced web UI technologies (e.g. jQuery, AngularJs, ReactJs)
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL/Aurora/Cassandra database
- Proficient in the software developing life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Comfortable developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices and technologies (CI/CD)
- Experience in quality assurance and validating services in both non-production and production environments
- Strong debugging and analytical skills.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels
- Experience working in SCRUM/Agile environment
- Previous experience with an e-commerce company or payments software
- Experience with monitoring and log management tools (ie: DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols
- Experience with Spring framework
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.