PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager, Notifications
San Francisco, CA (SOMA)
PlayStation’s Notifications Product Management team is chartered with delivering engaging and relevant communication experiences to players around the world. Located in San Francisco & Tokyo, the team is passionate about gaming and extraordinary products, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive.
We are looking for a Product Manager who can continue to build and enhance the notifications and communications platform across all PlayStation clients and services. In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing notifications experience and defining what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.
The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional who brings innovative products to the market and has the technical background to partner with a variety of product, design, and engineering teams.
You should be passionate about notifications and messaging technology, user experience, and consumer services. You anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data, and you thrive in an active and highly ambitious environment.
This is a high-impact role that demonstrates strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.
- Deliver market differentiation and delightful user experiences across the notifications and messaging platforms.
- Establish relationships and work closely with product managers, engineering, data, research, and the design team to build the best products and experiences.
- Take the notifications and messaging experience across PlayStation Devices to the next level by coming up with a unique and innovative product roadmap.
- Develop requirements for new notifications features, products, and services working with partners across the global business
- Work with design teams to build solutions that are compelling, easy to use, and realistic to implement
- Develop product positioning, feature development roadmap, and craft functional and deep technical requirements.
- Ensure that technical and functional requirements support both the business and customer requirements.
- Be the day to day point of contact for engineering for notifications solutions
- Partner with regional sales and marketing teams to facilitate the Product team’s domain expertise and to support the go-to-market planning, positioning, messaging, and content.
- Articulate business and consumer rationale to the teams building the product
- Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business goals
- Understand and communicate how your product is used in the market, based on customer feedback, research, and data
- Understand and communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation and its notifications and communications strategy in particular
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 2 to 3 years of Product Management experience in innovative software and/or services product company
- Recent experience with cloud-based apps running at scale for live customers is key
- Prior experience with platforms like AWS and Google Cloud is a definite plus.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of modern software engineering processes and principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Write user stories to succinctly and clearly express development objectives
- Analyze product performance through product data analytics, customer interviews, and user tracking to advise partners throughout the organization
- Has a track record of project delivery for large cross-functional projects
- Strong project management skills
Nice to Have:
- Games industry experience ideal, or media background.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.