PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Security Architect, Future Technology Group
Aliso Viejo, CA or San Mateo, CA OR San Diego, CA
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, talented engineers, and a dedicated security team? If so, join us!
This Security Architect will work on the latest innovative gaming systems, enabling PlayStation to innovate future technology of console, cloud gaming, and more. Responsive to changes in business and risk and being on the forefront of emerging technologies this individual will drive new and better solutions to industry security needs. This requires exceptional technical knowledge of security principles, wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other engineering fields and domains, sharp business insight, and outstanding communication skills.
By fully understanding business needs and assessing relative risk, the architect will drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. This requires the ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers from successful design to deployment of systems.
This Security Architect will focus on the Future Technology and Cloud Gaming business area and reports to the Director of Global Security Architecture.
- Understand security challenges for creating a multi-tenant-capable on-prem infrastructure and architect solutions to secure it
- Build secure cloud applications using available cloud controls/products, third party products, and/or custom-developed systems
- Design and secure cloud extensions to existing on-prem systems
- Secure Docker containers and Kubernetes infrastructure
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security needs
- Proactively seek security gaps within current and projected business direction and orchestrate solutions to address those gaps
- Understand all phases of software development spanning design, development, deployment, and maintenance, and address and drive down security risks at all phases
- Minimize potential security risks for development system tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef
- Design and contribute heavily to network security architecture including policies for firewalls, WAFs, network segmentation, VLANs, VPNs, and DoS/DDoS mitigation
- Understand security elements of standard and custom hardware design including secure key storage, trust zones, and hardware exploits; identify potential vulnerabilities and use hardware to mitigate security risks
- Design secure user and service authentication and authorization systems based on directory services, SAML, OAuth, x.509
- Identify and articulate security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Review and approve security architecture for new projects or changes to existing systems
- Leadership experience for security projects involving multi-disciplined teams
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including web applications, database technologies, server applications, storage applications, hardware engineering, business intelligence, test/QA engineering, deployment operations
- Experience designing and securing multi-tenant systems and infrastructure
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with security tools including key management systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DMZ design, DDoS mitigation, and network segmentation
- Experience deploying, configuring, or administering cloud-based environments, with special attention to security
- Outstanding communication skills, especially with diverse audiences; excellent written skills
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant system, product, and/or network security experience
- Security patents, speaking at or participating in conferences, and teaching security skills
- Experience securing/operating large, hardened Linux infrastructures
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.