PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist (Contract)
Please note, this is a temporary position through our staffing partner, Yoh. The length of contract is 6 months with the possibility of an extension and you will be working onsite at our San Mateo office.
San Mateo, CA
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the consistent delivery of exceptional IT support at the San Mateo HQ. Additional responsibilities will include working through escalations, projects, and focus on raising the bar on quality of service.
- Monitor the walk-up experience queuing system to ensure timely support for our walk-up end users.
- Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests at the walk-up desk.
- Ensure timely and accurate escalations for out of scope incidents.
- Address high priority issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Provide direct support for Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
- Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
- On-Call assignments required to expertly support our global 24/7 business operations.
- Ensure proper update to inventory and asset management system.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Strong people skill, always exemplify positive outlook, compassion, patience, and maintaining customer focus while troubleshooting technical issues.
- 2+ years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience
- 1-2 years of hands-on Executive Level Support.
- Must have strong experience with Windows 10 and MacOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with supporting mobile devices (iOS and Android) under MDM solution.
- Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (Google Apps, Box, SAP, Okta …etc.).
- Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus …etc.).
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA, Salesforce…etc.)
- Strong understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
- Hardware troubleshooting experience with laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and network printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when necessary.
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, and able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze test results or error logs.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of situations and take appropriate actions or escalate for timely resolution.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to stand for a long duration, move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Microsoft or Apple certifications preferred but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.