PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you love to build large scale enterprise applications that serve millions of happy customers? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Do you want to delight customers with your creation and innovation? The possibilities are limitless!
The Payments Platform team supports a payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started. We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing dramatic growth and innovation. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting massive customer growth on the platform.
We are looking for an experienced Commerce & Payments Architect who will own several key areas of our platform to help define an engineering vision and build this future state. You should have technical ability, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You have previously built and led strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your services and be able to make tough product decisions while balancing contending priorities both short and long term.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support best-in-class software services that are always available to provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Use technical expertise and industry trends to influence software development standard methodologies.
- Handle day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- BS or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object-oriented programming analysis and design
- Experience developing applications on Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML
- Proficient in software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch of project
- Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, concurrency, and complexity analysis.
- Strong expertise with relational and non-relational database technologies and data modeling.
- Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with micro service architectures.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Experience building high performance, active-active, scalable production services in Java or C++.
- Experience with data aggregation and enrichment strategies
- Experience with large scale event-based processing
- Experience building real-time experimentation platforms for risk & payments
- Experience with the development and deployment lifecycle for business rules management systems
- Experience with simulation environments for data science and machine learning.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.